Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Albert Charles Zastoupil, Jr -- Obituary in the Dickinson Press

This is a first for this blog, but it helps me connect some dots, or in this case, perhaps, attach a family name to a well.

I see in the Dickinson Press that Albert Charles Zastoupil, Jr. has passed away. The name caught my eye. That's also the name given to a well in the Dickinson area that is of interest, but that is not important now.

The story again demonstrates what one can do if one is willing to work hard and stay with your employer. Mr Zastoupil, Jr, was born in Dickinson, ND, and started working with the Coca-Cola company in 1971, about the age of 26, if I have my dates correct. He worked his way up through the company, eventually opening the first Coca-Cola plant in Russia (Moscow) and then the second plant in Russia (St Petersburg). He also opened a plant in the Caribbean. Very, very impressive.

He died relatively young, another victim of Alzheimer's. My heart goes out to the family, and especially his wife who was his primary caretaker in his last years.

No comments:

Post a Comment