Monday, November 28, 2022

Memories -- Los Angeles -- November 28, 2022

If I had all the money in the world, one of my twenty-three hovels would be in Los Angeles. Wow, I have great memories of southern California. I really would enjoy living there ... if I had all the money in the world. But I don't. So I live in Texas. If I had less money, I would have to move to Arizona. From The WSJ:


Boyle Heights was one of them (memories). I trained at the LA County hospital. This is absolutely fascinating. 

Nineteen floors. The cement walls were said to be ten-feet thick. The thirteenth floor the "prison unit."

From The LA Times today:

Not behind a paywall, link here, and from what I can tell, a better story than the LA Times story. 


I assume we're talking about the same building here, but I could be wrong. I may have to take a road trip.

If we're talking about the same building, this is where I met my wife-to-be. To be 100% accurate, we actually met in the psych unit attached to this behemoth. 

*************************
Brandy

For eggnog.

Can it get any less expensive? Inflation? I'm just not seeing it in the things that really count. LOL.


I assume the eggnog season starts right after Diwali and then proceeds through Thanksgiving, into Cyber December, with the day that will live in infamy, through the season known as Advent, to include Hanukkah, into the "holy day" formerly known as Christmas, through Kwanzaa ("Pat, I would like to buy a vowel"), Festivus (for the rest of us),  and finally auld lang syne.

No comments:

Post a Comment