Monday, November 28, 2022

I'm Going Biking -- November 28, 2022

Link here.

******************************
Are You Kidding Me?

Link here. [Update: 12:41 p.m. November 28, 2022: the site is back up and most recent data has been updated; it was delayed due to Thanksgiving last week. The data is somewhat mixed but it appears the rate of "growth" has slowed and even a possibility that we've seen the peak for "seasonal flu" already this year, unless there is a second wave, which would be unusual.]

Elon Musk fires 75% of the employees and twitter seems to be better than ever.

Meanwhile, the government's CDC site is down -- 9:48 a.m. CT -- November 28, 2022.

**************************
For The Archives

While on my bike ride I stopped at our local grocery-story-cum-pharmacy and got my Prevnar 20 "shot."

So, now, all I'm missing is the second of two-in-a-series shingles "shot" and a tetanus shot.

I've had my "seasonal flu" shot and 2 x 2 (two primary and two booster) Covid-19 vaccinations (Pfizer.)

The Prevnar 20: $307. Covered by Medicare and Part D. Note the price: $307. And folks were alarmed that Pfizer was going to charge $100 for the Covid-19 vaccine. 


The literature from the manufacturer (Wyeth, subsidiary of Pfizer) of Prevnar says it's a single-dose vaccination but the pharmacy tech said one gets a "booster" in one year. I think the tech is incorrect. 

From an earlier post:

No comments:

Post a Comment