Monday, November 28, 2022

Now That Thanksgiving Week Is In The Rear-View Mirror, We Can Start Talking About The Next Holiday: Cyber Monday To Be Followed By Cyber December -- November 28, 2022

Talking turkey: for all those folks, including me, who were fixated on the cost of a Thanksgiving dinner this year, we can now move on to more substantive purchases.

First of all, the "free" turkey giveaways seem to be disappearing. But the price per pound is falling faster than used car prices. 

At Target yesterday afternoon -- I had to buy a can of Campbell's tomato bisque soup ($1.79 -- the same can was less than a buck last time I bought tomato soup) -- the top-of-the-line turkeys had dropped from $1.98 / pound to $1.19 / pound. 

To be clear:

  • tomato: $1.26 / can
  • tomato bisque: $1.79 / can
  • I did not know

By the way, is there a difference between Campbell's tomato soup and Campbell's tomato bisque soup? 

But I digress. Where was I? Oh, yes. Now that Thanksgiving is over and turkeys recede into the distant background, we can talk about inflation where it really counts: big-screen televisions. Look at inflation here.


I would get the new 65-inch flat-screen television but it's bigger than our apartment, and, regardless, I can watch my neighbor's favorite shows on his humongous television from my bedroom window.

The new Apple laptop I bought over the weekend was at least $200 and maybe as much as $500 less expensive than the one it replaces and the one I bought in 2020. 

For cyber December ...

No comments:

Post a Comment