Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Rambling -- North Texas -- Nothing About The Bakken -- June 14, 2022

Back up drummer to Ringo is Phil Collins.

Back up guitarist to George Harrison is Eric Clapton who is backed up by Jeff Lynn.

Keyboards is Elton John. No backup.

And I thought the Traveling Wilburys were a supergroup.

While My Guitar Gently Weeps, George Harrison and Ringo Starr

I couldn't possibly be happier within the parameters prescribed by my wife.

Speaking of which, she is out in California this month. 

I guess it was pretty hot in north Texas again today. I really did not notice. I was either the Uber-Papa or in the pool.

This morning, I drove Olivia to her high school for some PSAT event.

Then across town, I went to pick up Sophia from soccer practice (0845 - 1045 daily). 

I dropped Sophia off at TutorTime at 11:15 and then went to Schwab in Southlake, Texas, for the monthly noon luncheon and "talk." Today's subject: fixed income and bonds, but the three Schwab presenters spent an hour and fifteen minutes covering a lot more than advertised on the agenda. 

It's a pretty special group: sixteen Southlake clients. I assume I am the pauper in the group. LOL.

But I'm probably the youngest and the most open to new ideas. So, I have sixteen years to catch up.

Then, pick up Sophia at 1500, and retire to the pool for the next couple of hours, before driving Olivia to soccer practice.

Then back home, after dropping Sophia off to be with her college-age sister. Their mom, our daughter, was paddleboarding on Lake Grapevine. 

And, now I have the night off to listen to all the music I want. Poolside, again, of course. It's 2118 hours and the temperature is 90°F with a great breeze. 

The pool closes at 2200 hours but it appears there will still be folks out here well past then.

One of the best videos ever, which I've posted more than once (?):

My Sweet Lord

In addition to some really famous musicians, this was really populated with some of my favorite SNL  personalities. A take-off on Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy with Gary Oldham. Vanessa Bayer -- gorgeous. I first saw her in The Californians, on SNL

Next, Roy Orbison and Penny Arcade. This would only work in Australia -- where it was a huge hit. I never hear this song sung outside of Australia. Not that I was ever searching.

If I had all the money in the world, I would sponsor a weekly shuffle dance class here in the apartment complex, poolside. Hire a dance instructor and a videographer and go from there. Set up a 12-week dance-off with huge monetary award to the winner.

Don't Bring Me Down, ELO

Only one thing wrong with that video: way too short. 

I'll end with Lana. Doin' Time. A cover.

Doin' Time, Lana Del Rey

LBC? Long Beach County.

Honorable mention:

No comments:

Post a Comment