Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Investing -- For The Archives -- June 14, 2022

Usual disclaimer applies: this is not an investment site. 

For the archives, I am generally fully invested. 

With my revenue stream I invest three separate tranches each month.

Some months with a smaller revenue stream I invest only once or twice. 

This morning, at the opening, I invested my second tranch for the month of June, 2022.

Sticking to my 50-30-20 "rule":

  • 50%: BRK-B-like stocks; blue chip; almost always pay dividends (BRK-B, of course is an exception);
  • 30%: tech
  • 20%: Permian

At some point, some other sector will replace the Permian. 

************************
Changes In Attitude, Changes In Latitude

When the market was (and is) trading at all-time highs, I tracked (and track) "net worth" in the market.

Now, with the market treading water, with everything on sale, I don't "ruin" my day by looking at "net worth" in the market.

I look at number of shares I can accumulate as quickly as possible. And the dividend return.

Thirty years from now, my grandchildren won't ask what I paid for these stocks.

**********************
By The Way, What Is WTI Doing?

Holy mackerel? 

WTI is up 2%; up $2.42; and, trading at $123.3. 

Moments earlier, somewhat higher and trending toward $124.

Summer doesn't officially begin until June 21 or thereabouts -- depends which calendar and which priestly cult you follow. 

US driving season has yet to begin.

Libya: a shambles -- one million bopd. Libya didn't matter until it mattered.

Russia: will be a shambles -- for many different reasons.

OPEC: the myth of spare capacity. How bad might it be for Saudi Arabia? It's now being reported that Russia has just overtaken Saudi Arabia as India's second-largest oil supplier. But look at the numbers, which reveal how bad it really is

The average daily rate of Russian oil exports to India stood at 819,000 barrels, which compared with a meager 277,000 barrels daily in April. [Unclear whether thee 277K refers to Russia a month earlier or Saudi Arabia.]

Russian oil is selling at a $30-discount to Brent. 

The big question: is Russian oil, that is being sold at a $30-discount to Brent, holding back the price of Brent and WTI? Interesting question, huh?

***************************
Two Days Ago

Two days ago, when oil broke through $120 -- going down -- I began to wonder if "something had changed"?

Never, never, never did I think WTI would move from $118 (or whatever it was) to $125 where it now appears to be headed.

Libya: a shambles -- one million bopd. Libya didn't matter until it mattered.

Russia: will be a shambles -- for many different reasons.

OPEC: the myth of spare capacity. 

This all goes back to Biden "keystoning" America and the "keystoning" began when Biden killed the Keystone XL the day he took office. Literally, the first thing he did as president. 

I'm not hearing much "leave it in the ground," any more. 

***********************
Why Is Oil Spiking?

OPEC reveals production loss for May, 2022.

Oil is trading at $125.

China is opening up.

OPEC is not involved in any war.

Everything is as good as it gets in the Mideast.

And OPEC's production drops?

No comments:

Post a Comment