Friday, April 29, 2022

The Book Page, Inflation Watch -- April 29, 2022

 ***********************
The Book Page

I am really embarrassed. Huge apology. 

In all my recent notes about the books on my top shelf, I keep forgetting, perhaps the best of the best, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert M. Pirsig, c. 1974 or thereabouts.

Fortunately, we have this: Robert M. Pirsig on the book he wrote (and the one he didn't). 

***********************
Inflation Watch

Years ago when we lived in San Antonio, my wife and I loved an occasional leisurely breakfast at La Madeleine's, a French bakery and café.

We haven't been there in years.

Today, based on their on-line menu:

  • a chocolate croissant: $3.20
  • coffee: $2.44
  • tip: 20% = $1.28
  • total: $6.77

At home:

  • same chocolate croissant from local grocer: $1.00
  • coffee, Keurig: 50 cents
  • no tip
  • total: $1.50

Add an orange juice ($3.07 at La Madeleine) vs $3.99 for a jug of orange juice from local grocer which probably has a dozen servings (33 cents).

No comments:

Post a Comment