Saturday, November 20, 2021

It's All About Electricity, Isn't It? November 20, 2021

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site.  Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here.

This is not an investment site, but I sure am having fun -- fun that I would not have had had I not started blogging. 

Long story, but we've discussed it before. 

I flip-flop weekly regarding CNBC. Currently, for some reason, I'm watching a lot more than I used to. 

I've mentioned many times the best three hours of business and investment "entertainment" on television are all on CNBC:

  • Fast Money, includes last trades.
  • Halftime Report, includes last trades.
  • Squawk on the Street, varies in quality, but Jim Cramer sets the day's agenda
  • Mad Money, perhaps just the ten-minute introductory monologue

Oh, that's four. I've added Halftime Report.

It is amazing, for trading, how incredibly prescient some of the talking heads have been in their "final trades" recommendations. That's why I've started adding them to the blog. Right now, the final trades are posted haphazardly on the blog; I may have to get more formal. Fortunately, the "mechanism" already exists. 

Again, this is "trading," not "investing."

I bring this up because my earlier comments on how to value AAPL resulted in a reader asking about EV charging stations.

It seems I posted this link two years ago. It's an old link but it's a great place to start. I could be wrong, but I think the talking heads on CNBC favor ChargePoint. 

***********************
EVs

From Motley Fool, Friday, yesterday, November 19, 2021: why EV stocks Lucid and Rivian jumped today.

  • Lucid jumped 17%
  • Rivian jumped 4%
  • right now the analyst with mojo in the EV sector: Wedbush Daniel Ives
  • cites Brandon's nationwide rollout of charging stations
  • I'm still fascinated to see what "the charging station of the future will look like."

No comments:

Post a Comment