Thursday, September 2, 2010

Keystone Kops -- the US Koast Kard? (Nothing To Do With the Bakken)

I used to trust the US Coast Guard. Now I wonder.

First, it looks like the US Coast Guard may have been ultimately responsible for the BP rig toppling. (If I find the source for this story, I will link it --  don't have the time now.)

Second, the US Coast Guard was adamant about delaying BP's plans to cap the well; BP went ahead anyway, capped the well and stopped the flow. (If I find the source for this story, I will link it -- don't have the time now.)

Third, earlier today the US Coast Guard reported an oil sheen one mile long and 100 feet wide following the explosion on an oil rig offshore Louisiana, today, September 2, 2010. It is now being reported that no oil sheen exists. I'm beginning to think the US Coast Guard is getting press releases printed up in Washington, DC, and reporting them as local updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment