Thursday, September 2, 2010

Look Back on the Bartleson 1-3H

Because of the recent excitement and the ensuing discussion about the recently-announced 40-stage fracked well by Slawson, I started looking for other data to compare.

During that search I realized I had not included the "famous" Bartleson 1-3H (#16346), spudded back in November, 2006, which, to date, has produced more than 345,000 barrels of oil. This well and this information has now been added to my site on "the early Bakken wells, 2004 - 2006."

Something tells me the Bartleson was fracked with one stage. I could be wrong, and there's always a chance there has been a work-over rig. Regardless, this well was "spuddedfrackedandcompleted" at the beginning of the current boom in the  Bakken. I can only assume the technology has advanced significantly since then, and thoughts about how to drill and complete a well has changed likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment