Friday, September 3, 2010

ERF: For Investors Only; Limited Relationship With the Bakken

Enerplus Resources, a Canadian company, is one of the high-dividend/high distribution companies I will invest in periodically. I haven't held it in quite some time; can't remember why I sold. I think it had something to do with changing tax law in Canada which resulted in sell-off. Since then, share price in a very narrow trading range; now near it's yearly high.

It's my understanding that ERF is treated like any other corporation by the IRS.

I sort of forgot about ERF until looking at companies in the Bakken, to see if I could find anything new.

ERF was featured at SeekingAlpha.com recently as a monthly dividend player. Some of you might be interested. It has a play in the Bakken: one rig currently active; drilling in Dunn County.

No comments:

Post a Comment