Friday, September 11, 2026

The Market Mid-Day -- 25 Years After "9-11" -- September 11, 2026

Locator: 51707INVESTING.

See disclaimer. 

Updates

Social security: 

  • the "agency" will run out of money in early 2030s to allow full benefits;
  • continues to favor those who won't/don't need social security, by capping payments into the system;
  • will provide the biggest COLA increase in three years; link here;
  • my wife will see less than a $20-increase if that 3.6% increase holds.

Later: the market has baked in two Fed rate hikes before the end of the year. Once this month, and the second in December. Christmas Scrooge.  
 

Original Post 


 


 

 *********************************
My Laptop 

********************************
Disclaimer

Briefly: 

  • I am inappropriately exuberant about the Bakken and I am often well out front of my headlights. I am often appropriately accused of hyperbole when it comes to the Bakken.
  • I am inappropriately exuberant about the US economy and the US market.
  • I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Apple.
  • See disclaimer. This is not an investment site. 
  • Disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here. All my posts are done quickly: there will be content and typographical errors. If something appears wrong, it probably is. Feel free to fact check everything.
  • If anything on any of my posts is important to you, go to the source. If/when I find typographical / content errors, I will correct them. 
  • Reminder: I am inappropriately exuberant about the Bakken, US economy, and the US market.
  • I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Apple. 
  • And now, Nvidia, also. I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Nvidia. Nvidia is a metonym for AI and/or the sixth industrial revolution. 
  • I've now added Broadcom to the disclaimer. I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Broadcom. Now, I've added Amazon. And QCOM.
  • Longer version here.