Monday, August 17, 2026

Inheritance And Estate Taxes By State -- August 17, 2026

 l

Tag: Chevron CVX 

Link here

At the state level, I'm only a spectator. I am not affected by either an inheritance tax nor an estate tax at the state level. But I am absolutely fascinated by these two taxes at the state level. 


Adding salt to the wound, the state thresholds that have either of the taxes are incredibly low. Much worse than the federal thresholds. 

Maryland is the only state that has both an inheritance tax and an estate tax. And already known as a highly taxed state, Illinois has an estate tax, also. 

California has neither but it looks like it may institute the equivalent of an estate tax this year. Sure, it's just a one-time tax .... but ... stay tuned ....  

********************************
Just An Observation -- Good, Bad, Indifferent


 Sorry. Error in the graphic above. I didn't start investing until 1980 or thereabouts, Perhaps a bit before 1980, I forget. But the point I'm making is still the same.