Locator: 51442TEXASHEAT.
I think we came to Texas in 2002 or thereabouts. It gets hot in the summer -- we lived in San Antonio when we first moved here and then moved to the Dallas-Fort Worth area in 2013. We have seen many, many hot days.
But never have we seen any sports activity canceled due to hot weather.
Until this week. We received notification that our granddaughter's soccer practice scheduled for later in the week had been canceled due to hot weather. Her coach sent out a message that the league had cancelled all practice this week due to the hot weather. I was quite surprised. I mentioned this to my wife and she said the temperature reached 106°F today and more of the same was forecast for the rest of the week. I had no idea it was that hot.
It's 11:40 p.m. CT right now; it's still 89°F and I doubt it will cool off much overnight. I went for a swim earlier this evening. Awesome. Really nice. But it is hot.
***************************************
Meanwhile, At The U of Penn
This is incredibly troubling, on so many levels.
