Friday, May 5, 2023

The Book Page -- May 5, 2023

Locator: 44570BOOKS.

Books I need to read or recommend to others:

I was unhappy with the "bookstores" that were listed in the Ten Best Indie Bookstores. It appears for a bookstore to have made the list, the indie bookstore must be aesthetically pleasing, relatively small, and a bit "frumpy." Powell Book Store in Portland, OR, did not make the list. Powell Book Store would not have photographed well.

Very little good literature came out of the Vietnam War. Less than what came out of WWII. The conflict from which we have the best literature and poetry is WWI.

Florence Nightingale. One of my favorite historical figures. Now a closer look is in order.

PTO. Wow. Who would have thought?

The Stanwyck book looks absolutely dreadful -- but I've become a bigger fan of Stanwyck over the years, thanks too TCM.

The storming of Caesars Palace. I completely missed this story. Time to read about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment