Tuesday, December 1, 2020

The iGeneration Technology Is ... Simply Put ... Incredible -- December 1, 2020

Breaking: HP (the printer company) is moving HQ from San Jose, CA, to Houston, TX. Link here.

Original Post

I just love "this" technology.

Yesterday, or rather last evening, after the Heineken / Tecate story broke, I was curious about Lagunitas. That brand has always intrigued me for various reasons. I have not paid attention to the brewery. So, last evening, I did a quick internet search on Lagunitas. 

Guess what popped up on my Yahoo!Finance home page today? LOL. 

Unless you are also searching for Lagunitas, I doubt this is on your Yahoo!Finance home page.

*************************************
Not Ready For Prime Time

A reader sent me this Tesla note. I replied, not ready for prime time:

I'm surprised it was only a $100-deposit for a high-end E-truck. That's almost "no-risk" and a no-brainer for the rich and famous. They get their bragging rights; they get their name on the list in case they really do want the E-truck; and at the end of the day, all they lose is a $100 if they change their mind.

What Elon Musk needs to do next is turn this into a subscription service: a $100/month to hold that reservation. A $100/month is also a no-brainer for the rich and famous.

And $100 is clearly not out of line. Neptune Cremation Services -- or whatever they are called -- provides a "policy" that guarantees full cremation series, interest-free, and only $50/month until full amount paid off. If one dies before the full amount is paid off, the heirs make up the difference. My father-in-law had that done for both him and his wife -- bought the "policy" many years before he died, and we had no funeral expenses.

One begins to wonder if mainstream auto manufacturers might consider the same deal. It's hard for me to put a $100/month in the bank to save for a new Honda (I would rather put the money into an investment; and a bank pays no interest) but if the Honda dealer gave me a guaranteed 20% discount (or whatever) on the list price of a new Honda five years from now (and I could buy earlier if I wanted), I might consider it.

Wow, there are just so many business models out there. Wouldn't Honda love $100/month from all its potential customers, and then a guaranteed (almost guaranteed) sale five years from now.

I wonder if a third-party entrepreneur with deep pockets might not think of doing this?

No comments:

Post a Comment