- WBI Energy, a division of MDU Resources
- the North Bakken Expansion Project
- from: WBI's Tioga Compressor Station (Tioga, ND, east of Williston, same county)
- to: North Border Pipeline south of Watford City (McKenzie County; south of the river)
- 60 miles; 20-inch diameter
- capacity: 200,000 mcfpd (about 35,000 boepd)
- will file with FERC this month (May, 2019)
- construction could begin in 2Q21
- service date: November, 2021
- $220 million
For readers who are concerned this is "simply" another regional pipeline and won't help with the bigger issue of "takeaway" from the Bakken, this proposed 60-mile connector will connect with the Northern Border Pipeline, an international pipeline that links the midwestern US (Indiana and Illinois) with western Canada.
See this link.
In addition to transporting Canadian sourced supply, Northern Border Pipeline receives and transports natural gas produced in the Williston and Powder River Basins in the United States and synthetic natural gas produced at the Dakota Gasification plant in North Dakota.
- Northern Border Pipeline Company is a general partnership owned by TC PipeLines, LP, and ONEOK Partners, L.P.
- Northern Border Pipeline is operated by: TransCanada Northern Border Inc.
Looking for long-term commitments.