Wow, what a day for investors>
Boeing: discussed earlier;
ATT: discussed earlier;
Microsoft: beats earnings; stock jumps. Market cap: $1 trillion. AAPL back below $1 trillion, market cap? Clash of the tech titans.
Xilinx: record quarter; shares drop 11% after hours
COP, OXY, and Anadarkoa: surprise, surprise, surprise. OXY drops over 7% in pre-market trading; recovers by end of day; very, very interesting story
Shell: strikes big oil in Blacktip well, Gulf of Mexico; co-owned by CVX, Equinor, and Repsol
- Shell's second material discovery in thePerdido Corridor
- I assume it's heavy oil
- for more, see this post
Tesla estimates, link here, estimates --
- for 1Q19:
- adjusted loss per share, range 64 cents to $2.60, with average at $1.30
- revenue estimate, range from $4.40 billion to $5.12 billion, with average of $4.8 billion
- automotive gross margin estimate: +17.8%
- CAPEX, range from $291 million to $625 million, with average of $508 million
- for 2Q19:
- automotive gross margin estimate: +19.5%
- CAPEX, range from $250 million to $650 million, with average of $551 million
Visa: quarterly profit jumps 14% on higher consumer spending. Americans aking America great.
First Solar (pending): Zacks.