Good, bad, or indifferent.
No one can argue this president is the most "active" of any modern president. One never knows what will happen next. Now, the Jones Act. He's weighing in. Link here at Bloomberg.
Disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, job, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here.
ATT: misses 1Q19 revenue forecast; link here --
- adds 80,000 net wireless phone subscribers (it was reported yesterday Verizon lost around 40,000 subscribers)
- at 86 cents per share, hit forecast right on the penny (down a penny from last year, by the way)
- revenue: $44.8 billion vs $45.11 billion
- oh, give me a break -- "misses" revenue forecast -- give me a break -- 0.7%
- T is up 7 cents in pre-market trading
Investing: why the 60/40 portfolio is dead for retirement planning (Rebecca Lake: nominee for 2019 Geico Rock Award)
Dropbox: another one I missed; never invested in it; should have; won't now.
CP Railway: misses; cold weather in Canada unexpected (whatever happened to global warming?)
Canada's challenging winter conditions extended to February, with a winter storm dumping heavy snow and ice pellets on the most populated parts of the country, paralyzing transportation.
- Canada's second largest railroad
- earned C$2.79/share; forecast -- C$3.01 -- a big miss
- revenue rose 6.3% to C$1.77 billion; forecast not provided
Energy targets: seven big oil targets that may go next after the Chevron-Anadarko deal. Link here --
- Diamondback Energy: $13.29 billion (market cap);
- Concho Resources: $22.94 billion;
- Noble Energy: $13.03 billion;
- Pioneer Natural Resources: $29.58 billion; -- one of the largest Permian operators (acreage)
- Parsley Energy: $5.81 billion;
- Apache: $13.96 billion;
- Hess: $19.22 billion.
- no mention of potential acquirers (domestic, foreign, peers)
- surprised (but excited) to see Hess on the list: personally I would hate to see Hess bought -- it's been such an icon in North Dakota from the very beginning
- JAG, market cap of $2.4 billion should have been on the list
- futures: Dow positive overnight; now turns negative (7:45 a.m. ET)
- Tesla: earnings to be "ugly" today according to many sources
- Tesla: bringing back its less expensive Model S, Model X
- XLNX: up another 47 cents; on a roll
- SRE: no data; interesting to watch; rate hike requested;
- expect majors to be down today
- OXY: 7% drop -- wow
- all the oils are down
- but, holy mackerel, XLNX is up another $4.20, up over 3%; now trading at $141