Thursday, September 14, 2017

Random Look At Two Oasis Forland Wells -- September 14, 2017

Quite a few things need to be sorted out to explain the production profile of:
  • 21657, runs north to south, 1,844, Oasis, Forland 28-33H, Siverston, t3/12; cum 351K 7/17; API - 33-053-03816; no evidence (yet) this well was refracked (not at FracFocus; not at NDIC), middle Bakken; 26 stages, 3.4 million lbs
See this post to see the number of things that need to be sorted out. I have not listed them, but they should be easy to figure out. I may post my thoughts later, but generally when I do, I show my ignorance, so maybe I won't. LOL.

Regardless, this well was producing about 2,000 bbls / month before it was taken off - line for about five months (less than half a year) or about 24,000 bbls / year. Over those five months of lost production, another 10,000 bbls or a total of 34,000 bbls of oil for one year plus five months.

After coming back on-line, this well has already produced 77,452 bbls of oil and the dreaded Bakken decline rate is yet to begin in earnest. Maybe with next month's reporting we will see that. Whatever.

A lot of things need to be sorted out or explained.

Disclaimer: I often make mistakes due to my irrational exuberance of the Bakken, so if this is important to you, go to the source. Do not pay any attention to me or this blog if this is important to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment