Sunday, February 3, 2013

Virus Alert

Some months ago (a year or so ago?) I had a problem with spurious notices popping up suggesting this site was "not secure" and warned folks to access the site at their own risk. I took the site down, opening it only by invitation. Doing that became problematic and unwieldy; I brought the site back up over a very long weekend. The problem went away.

Some days later, there was a short article in The Bismarck Tribune about a problem they had had which sounded very similar. I link a lot of posts to The Bismarck Tribune and other sites and I thought that might have explained the problem. The Bismarck Tribune reported they had resolved the issue; since then no problems.

Until today. A few minutes ago I received a note from a reader saying that he gets a notice of some type making it difficult to log onto this blog. That was the first (and only) note so far.

I am not changing the site or taking it down or requiring passwords or anything (yet). We'll just see how it plays out. If it gets to be a real problem, I will quit linking articles directly and simply highlight the key words and folks can google the articles for themselves.

Ring of Fire, Johnny Cash

No comments:

Post a Comment