Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Reminder: Virus Alert

A reader let me know of this problem:
When I have tried to access milliondollarwayblog the past several days, the page loads but then quickly tries to divert to another page causing my virus protection to kick in and block any further activity. 
I posted this back on February 3, 2013:
Some months ago (a year or so ago?) I had a problem with spurious notices popping up suggesting this site was "not secure" and warned folks to access the site at their own risk. I took the site down, opening it only by invitation. Doing that became problematic and unwieldy; I brought the site back up over a very long weekend. The problem went away. 
Some days later, there was a short article in The Bismarck Tribune about a problem they had had which sounded very similar. I link a lot of posts to The Bismarck Tribune and other sites and I thought that might have explained the problem. The Bismarck Tribune reported they had resolved the issue; since then no problems. Until today. A few minutes ago I received a note from a reader saying that he gets a notice of some type making it difficult to log onto this blog. That was the first (and only) note so far. 
I am not changing the site or taking it down or requiring passwords or anything (yet). We'll just see how it plays out. If it gets to be a real problem, I will quit linking articles directly and simply highlight the key words and folks can google the articles for themselves.

4 comments:

  1. You should switch to wordpress. You own your domain already, for 100 bucks you could get a great host for a year, you'll have more flexibility and be able to do so much more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually put my website on Wordpress. I use it as a back up when "Google/blogger" is down.

      It is my impression that all the reviewers are correct: Wordpress is much better.

      But, for some reason, I don't enjoy the experience as Wordpress as much; I can't explain it. But everything I know about Wordpress confirms that you are correct.

      Maybe I'll go back over to Wordpress and see if the experience has changed.

      Delete
  2. Apple.

    Virus, what is that?

    No problems for me.

    anon 1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Knock on wood."

      I haven't had any problems either.

      But it sure is frustrating to hear anyone having problems. Hopefully it will be resolved.

      Regardless, yes, Apple has a good track record. I have some wonderful "Apple" stories beginning back in 1984 but I doubt others would be interested. Maybe in a note to the granddaughters some day.

      Delete