Wells coming off confidential list have been posted; scroll down.
Section D (Personal Journal): babies and pets.
Section C (Money & Investing):
Section B (Marketplace):
New word for the day: DENDRITES -- tiny deposits of lithium resembling microscopic whiskers -- suspects in the 787 Dreamliner fires. Opportunity for five-blade Gillette
Fewer airlines, more profits; four airlines will dominate US
- American Airlines (TWA, AA, US Airways, America West)
- United Airlines (UA, Continental)
- Delta Air Lines (Delta, Northwest Airlines, Western Airlines)
- Southwest Airlines (Valujet, Airtran)
Pope resigns (no links; story everywhere)
ObamaPhone scams on front page; I'm shocked, shocked! [Added: for the occasional reader that does not "get" the reference: the original ObamaPhone woman.]
Page 3 and we've talked about page 3 before -- two stories of note --
- Ski resorts expanding -- global warming? What global warming?
- Farm income is projected to be highest in 40 years: after last year's drought -- more corn, more soybeans; rising global demand for grains; increased mandates for ethanol; drought still an issue
Pentagon readies budget ax: maybe the first to go -- $16/gallon of algae fuel vs $4 diesel; $600 toilets;
Op-ed: in Venezuela, plenty of oil, not enough food -- government interferes with the marketplace, and the result is scarcity
Op-ed: when you pay more for tomatoes later this year, think.... well, you can almost guess....
Op-ed: few states outside the South and Mountain West have recovered faster from the financial crisis than Ohio, and now ... moving into overdrive -- slashing state income taxes...