Friday, December 16, 2011

Wells On DRL Status Have Been Updated -- The Bakken, North Dakota, USA

At the sidebar at the right, under "Data," there is a link to "New Wells Reporting."

I just went back through the last three quarters updating IPs on wells that have come off the DRL list.

Three things jump out at me.
  • there are a  lot of good wells out there; production hitting 60K at three months is not unusual
  • Burlington Resources doesn't report a lot of completed wells at end of six months, but they consistently report good wells when they do get reported
  • Hess certainly seems to have gotten better in the past year; some huge wells and all nice wells
  • a lot of wells remain on DRL status; the fracking backlog continues
Okay, four things jumped out at me.

5 comments:

  1. can't find "Data" and New wells reporting link on the right sidebar. Am I not doing something right? dholmen

    ReplyDelete
  2. During 2011 Hess transitioned from 18-22 stage to 38 stage fracking.

    Hess342

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some browsers, I understand, don't show everything well.

    If you can see the sidebar on the right, about a third of the way down, there is a bloc with "DATA" in light grey.

    Within that bloc, about six links down, is "New Wells Reporting."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies and comments come out of order. Sorry.

    With regard to Hess transition to greater number of stages: thank you for sending that in.

    If I was more conscientious about tracking all this, I might have know that. The oil companies do a great job letting folks know what they are doing, through their corporate presentations and during the conference calls during earnings season.

    I just can't keep up with everything, so I appreciate that. By the way, I am starting to add these data points to my FAQs page, and from there, the link that takes folks to operators and their operations in the Bakken.

    Thank you for taking time to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of my favorite pages at this blog:

    http://milliondollarway.blogspot.com/2010/10/areas-of-interest-in-bakken-by-producer.html

    ReplyDelete