Saturday, April 2, 2011

Japanese Nuclear Reactor Now Leaking Radioactive Water Into the Ocean

Link here.

In southern California along the coast, people are reminded not to dump waste down drains which run directly into the ocean. Rain water drains have signs painted on the streets reminding folks not to dump waste into these drains because they drain directly into the ocean.

It is too bad the Japanese did not paint a sign that said: Do Not Dump Radioactive Water Into the Ocean.

I still can't get Steven Chu's worse nightmare off my mind. As you may recall, our energy secretary is a nuclear physicist and his worse nightmare is ... drum roll, please ... coal.

Anyway, not to worry about that radioactive waste going into the ocean over in Japan. The authorities say it will soon be diluted. I wonder if Greenpeace is over there monitoring the waste water?

3 comments:

  1. yes, greenpeace is also monitoring the radiation.. They claim different radiation numbers then the japanese. i am sure the radiation numbers are location sensivite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the Greenpeace comment tongue-in-cheek. I never expected them to be there. I'm impressed, getting sprayed with radioactive water. That puts the risk in perspective. I wonder if their boats will be allowed back into San Francisco harbor?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can´t believe everything that happened in Japan and now the whole world is gonna suffer the consequences. I wish none of this radioactive water would reach the coasts of Argentina. They got so much life in them. I once decided to rent an apartment in buenos aires near the beaches and people would cheerfully go. Now I hope it can continue like that.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete