Saturday, April 2, 2011

BLM To Help Write Environmental Impact Statement

The Bureau of Land Management will help write the environmental impact statement for a 400-mile transmission line from Wyoming to Utah.

New coal-powered electrical-generating plants in Wyoming? Natural gas plants? Wind power?

BLM's assistance in writing the environmental impact statement is something new to me. I would have assumed those who are advocating and funding the project would write the impact statement, and the BLM would review it. But here we have the BLM actually helping to write it. One of the nice things about that is this: the BLM would know the correct catch-phrases and the politically correct issues to place in the document to help ensure the states and the federal goverment would approve it. I assume the first level of approval is the BLM before it goes up to EPA.

All I'm saying is this: I doubt the BLM helps the oil companies write their environmental impact statements but I could be wrong. If they do, I applaud the industry and the government for working so closely together on our national energy program. Whatever it may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment