Thursday, September 3, 2026

Investing -- Early Morning Observations -- September 3, 2026

Locator: 51634INVESTING.

Futures talk:

  • AI is her to stay; it's only going to get better.
  • Fed will raise rates 25 basis points this year -- most likely as early as this month, but certainly by December -- will be a one-day story. 
    • 3 - 4% is the new 1 - 2%. I've always said the same thing.
    • As much as Warsh wants to raise rates to control inflation, there's little he can do; goes back to the nation's total debt payments, now over $1 trillion, and rate increases only makes it worse.  

Steve Ballmer: a real loser -- smart phone decisions -- not so smart, and now the Clippers. Truly amazing. Ballmer going to fight this. Does not involve Trump at all. LOL. It took $50 million in investigation costs to find Ballmer / Clippers guilty.  

AVGO: Broadcom earnings incredible and the supercycle is going to last several more years. Shares are down in futures trading.  NASDAQ down 58 points in futures.  Since ChatGPT released 

SNOW is the real winner. Shares up by a whopping 20% after earnings reported. 

Berkshire Hathaway does not own any shares of Snowflake (SNOW) anymore. 
Berkshire originally bought about 6.1 million shares of Snowflake during its initial public offering in September 2020 Berkshire bought 6.1 million shares of SNOW at its IPO in 2020. 
However, the company sold all their shares in Q2 2024 and doesn't own any shares in Snowflake anymore.. Regulatory filings confirmed that their stake was completely reduced to zero shares by the end of the second quarter of 2024.  
Berkshire Hathaway made a very modest, minimal profit on its Snowflake (SNOW) investment, booking hardly any net gain by the time it completely exited the stock in 2024. 
The Exit (Q2 2024): As Snowflake's share price pulled back significantly from its highs, Berkshire dumped its entire stake. Because they sold out as prices hovered closer to their original entry point, the final realized profit was minimal—paling in comparison to the initial paper gains. One could have bought SNOW for $125 at low in 2024; now selling for $306. 
Should we look at AAPL and BRK next?

BRK-B: up 0.75% over one year.

S&P 500 up 20% over same period. 

AAPL up 36% over same period.

Okay. 

Holiday season = silly season for charity. Big push for "$19 / day" to save animals. SPCA. I think that's about what St Jude is asking for. Dogs or children. Koreans are probably wondering.

*********************************
Disclaimer

Briefly

  • I am inappropriately exuberant about the Bakken and I am often well out front of my headlights. I am often appropriately accused of hyperbole when it comes to the Bakken.
  • I am inappropriately exuberant about the US economy and the US market.
  • I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Apple.
  • See disclaimer. This is not an investment site. 
  • Disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here. All my posts are done quickly: there will be content and typographical errors. If something appears wrong, it probably is. Feel free to fact check everything.
  • If anything on any of my posts is important to you, go to the source. If/when I find typographical / content errors, I will correct them. 
  • Reminder: I am inappropriately exuberant about the Bakken, US economy, and the US market.
  • I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Apple. 
  • And now, Nvidia, also. I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Nvidia. Nvidia is a metonym for AI and/or the sixth industrial revolution. 
  • I've now added Broadcom to the disclaimer. I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Broadcom. Now, I've added Amazon. And QCOM.
  • Longer version here.