Thursday, September 3, 2026

Headlines -- Part 1 -- September 3, 2026

Locator: 51635HEADLINES.

WTI: $92.95. Up $1.94; up 2.13% on top of already high prices.

CVX: up slightly in futures trading.

AAPL: down minimally. Suddenly AAPL has become the "safe" trade -- much like BRK-B used to be.

SCCO and GLW diverge: SCCO up; GLW down. This reminds me of the "sand vs ceramics" story at the height of the fracking boom. Sand won.  

  • With regard to the "sand-vs-ceramics" proppant battle at the height of the fracking boom, sand won an overwhelming victory, securing over 80% to 90% of the total market volume. -- RBN Energy.

Health care costs increasing: huge story on CNBC today. Becky Quick clearly and purposely stated on several news outlets in January, 2026, that her 9-year-old daughter, Kaylie, has a rare genetic disorder called SYNGAP1. 

  • SYNGAP1 is “a rare genetic disorder that causes a spectrum of neurodevelopment disorders”, which currently has no cure and often requires round-the-clock care.

USAF: a reader asked about USAF inventory --

  • The U.S. Air Force currently has 27 active F-15EX Eagle IIs in its flying inventory compared to a total of 141 heavy strategic bombers consisting of B-52s, B-1Bs, and B-2As. 
  • The United States Air Force currently schedules a total buy of 267 F-15EX Eagle II fighter jets.
  • The U.S. Air Force operates 42 combat-coded legacy F-15C/D Eagle fighters. 
  • Following the complete divestment of the F-15C from active-duty service and forward-deployed areas like Kadena Air Base, the remaining flying fleet is broken down by its specific operational metrics.
  • The Fresno Consolidation: The fleet is projected to scale down to 21 units by 2028. Those final 21 aircraft will consolidate at Fresno Air National Guard Base, California, before the F-15C variant is completely retired in 2030. 
  • The United States Air Force (USAF) currently has an active inventory of 838 to 841 F-16 Fighting Falcons across all components.
AVGO: stellar. Link here. Says sales will double for next two years -- not over but for next two years. 


Government debt / deficit
: looks like both will increase significantly after midterm elections. 

********************************
Disclaimer

Briefly

  • I am inappropriately exuberant about the Bakken and I am often well out front of my headlights. I am often appropriately accused of hyperbole when it comes to the Bakken.
  • I am inappropriately exuberant about the US economy and the US market.
  • I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Apple.
  • See disclaimer. This is not an investment site. 
  • Disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here. All my posts are done quickly: there will be content and typographical errors. If something appears wrong, it probably is. Feel free to fact check everything.
  • If anything on any of my posts is important to you, go to the source. If/when I find typographical / content errors, I will correct them. 
  • Reminder: I am inappropriately exuberant about the Bakken, US economy, and the US market.
  • I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Apple. 
  • And now, Nvidia, also. I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Nvidia. Nvidia is a metonym for AI and/or the sixth industrial revolution. 
  • I've now added Broadcom to the disclaimer. I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Broadcom. Now, I've added Amazon. And QCOM.
  • Longer version here.