Wednesday, September 2, 2026

For Investors -- September 2, 2026

Locator: 51627INVESTING.

Pageviews: currently running at a 24-hour rate of 760,000 pageviews per 24 hours. This is not trivial. At this rate, the blog will easily do a million pageviews every couple of days. The run rate seems to be huge in the early morning and then tapers off considerably in the late afternoon. Or so it seems. 

MONGODB: nothing makes sense any more. Mongodb reports stellar numbers with several firsts and the stock is down 13% after earnings reported. Mongodb's numbers were numbers most US companies would "kill" for.  

John Ternus, new Apple CEO: way underpaid -- a $3 million salary. Are they serious? For a $4-trillion market cap company? Yes, I know. that's not the entire compensation package. Michael Dell's total compensation package runs about $4 million. Chevron's CEO: total compensation runs about $30 million (latest figure, 2025 -- about $26.8 million). 

TSA canines:  

The votes are in, and a German shorthaired pointer named Bolt is officially the winner of the Transportation Security Administration’s (TSA) Cutest Canine Contest for 2026. 
The three-year-old pooch works at Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) in Texas and is the third German shorthaired pointer to win the contest in the last four years. 
The nationwide contest takes place on social media, where the traveling public can vote for the agency’s cutest dog. TSA canine handlers from across the country initially nominated 85 dogs before an initial round of employee voting, narrowed the field to the final four canines. 

Chevron / Venezuela: the big story in oil and gas for the next several years? The numbers are staggering.

Canada: it certainly appears Canada is more closely aligned with China than with the US.  

Investors: September could turn into a really huge buying opportunity for investors. Traders could also do well. Mutual funds are starting to wrap up their years -- it's now "make it or break it" -- lots of competition from ETFs and mutual funds are feeling the pressure.

BRK: CEO Greg Abel on at 5:30 a.m. ET (thirty minutes from now) on CNBC in an exclusive interview. Is BRK even relevant any more? Focus for BRK? Japan. Becky Quick can't seem to end her relationship with Warren Buffett. 

WTI: continues to climb the wall of reality. 

******************************
Fujairah 

Query

What is Fujairah with regard to oil and natural gas? Is it analagous to Henry Hub, SPR, Cushing, Oklahoma?

Reply

*********************************
Disclaimer

Briefly

  • I am inappropriately exuberant about the Bakken and I am often well out front of my headlights. I am often appropriately accused of hyperbole when it comes to the Bakken.
  • I am inappropriately exuberant about the US economy and the US market.
  • I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Apple.
  • See disclaimer. This is not an investment site. 
  • Disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here. All my posts are done quickly: there will be content and typographical errors. If something appears wrong, it probably is. Feel free to fact check everything.
  • If anything on any of my posts is important to you, go to the source. If/when I find typographical / content errors, I will correct them. 
  • Reminder: I am inappropriately exuberant about the Bakken, US economy, and the US market.
  • I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Apple. 
  • And now, Nvidia, also. I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Nvidia. Nvidia is a metonym for AI and/or the sixth industrial revolution. 
  • I've now added Broadcom to the disclaimer. I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Broadcom. Now, I've added Amazon. And QCOM.
  • Longer version here.