Locator: 51714APPLE.
Updates
September 12, 2026: I simply do not have time to post all the information that AI can provide.
I will provide links where I can but I'm not sure the links work. Apple and Dell are now direct competitors for LDC / AI infrastructure at the enterprise level. Apple and Dell are perhaps the leaders in this particular area, and if not, will likely be the leaders sooner than later. I asked the question. The answer at this link: https://share.google/aimode/3dayD4qEDmwHDwNLP.
Again, it's absolutely fascinating and again, I'm not sure the link works; it works for me; some extended family members tell me it does not work for them.
If I am correct, that may help account for AAPL's incredible run-up in share price this past week, and a P/E of 38 which I have not seen in recent memory (the past twenty years?) if my memory serves me. Generally, AAPL's P/E runs about 28 - 34, seldom getting above 32, and every talking head on CNBC seems to repeat the mantra that a "30-P/E is very expensive." I think I've heard that for the past ten years. See disclaimer.
Some say the run-up in the share price of AAPL was this: investors see AAPL as a safe haven during this period of semiconductor (hardware) vs software. I have trouble believing that considering how much the mainstream business media seems to dislike Apple as an investment. At least that's my "take." I'm usually wrong, but it's a starting point.
September 12, 2026: after the huge run-up this past week, I was curious about Apple's revenues for latest quarter and estimates for next quarter (ending September 30, 2026). The current P/E for AAPL is 38 -- the highest I think I've seen in recent memory.
The September quarter will NOT include revenue from any of the new models recently announced, and earnings could be affected by a) supply chain issues; b) folks putting off purchases until new products are available; and, c) folks putting off purchases pending holiday gift-buying. It's possible folks took advantage of all the sales prior to new models being announced at the beginning of the school year. The Mac Mini sales are a huge mystery.
Original Post
Fascinating story.
Link here. The link: https://share.google/aimode/WJmBLUJnWzLFvCnNk.
It has an "https" URL so it should work but when I share it with some of my extended family members they say they can't open it. I don't know.
This link may only work for me. I don't know. I'm trying to share the link with all but it seems "sketchy," if that's the right word.
I was curious because I was curious. how Dell stole the non-Apple laptop / desktop away from IBM and HP.
Dell (DELL NYSE) market cap: $360 billion.
Apple (AAPL NASDAQ) market cap: $4.85 trillion.
Wow, I wasn't looking. I see that AAPL has surged in the past few months.
Being announced over night two data points: link here. The link: https://share.google/aimode/UUnnLaYPRQPmB3J8f. Again, it has an "https" URL so it should work but feedback suggests it does not work for all. Don't understand.
- Anthropic's IPO is getting closer and closer though delayed until October; rumor
- Jensen Huang says he will be a $10-billion anchor investor in the IPO; fact (he said it, link here).
Quick: Anthropic's "full name" is Anthropic PBC. What does the "PBC" mean and how does that affect its business strategy???
The reason Anthropic shows up on a blog about Dell: Anthropic will have to duplicate what Dell did some years ago.
By market cap, the trillion-dollar club:
- #1: NVDA
- the #2 race: AAPL vs GOOG
The full list (which is already out-of-date) after this week's run for AAPL was from AI yesterday:
- Nvidia (NVDA): ~$5.1 trillion (at close, Sept 11, 2026: $5.26 trillion)
- Alphabet (GOOG/GOOGL): ~$4.47 trillion (at close, Sept 11, 2026: $4.31 trillion)
- Apple (AAPL): ~$4.38 trillion (at close, Sept 11, 2026: $4.58 trillion)
- Microsoft (MSFT): ~$2.82 trillion
- Amazon (AMZN): ~$2.63 trillion
- Space Exploration Technologies (SPCX): ~$2.43 trillion
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSM): ~$2.1 trillion
- Broadcom (AVGO): ~$1.96 trillion
- Meta Platforms (META): ~$1.47 trillion
- Micron Technology (MU): ~$1.28 trillion
************************************************
Top Ten From Evan This Morning -- September 12, 2026
********************************
Disclaimer
Briefly:
I am inappropriately exuberant about the Bakken and I am often well out front of my headlights. I am often appropriately accused of hyperbole when it comes to the Bakken. I am inappropriately exuberant about the US economy and the US market. I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Apple. See disclaimer. This is not an investment site. Disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here. All my posts are done quickly: there will be content and typographical errors. If something appears wrong, it probably is. Feel free to fact check everything. If anything on any of my posts is important to you, go to the source. If/when I find typographical / content errors, I will correct them. Reminder: I am inappropriately exuberant about the Bakken, US economy, and the US market. I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Apple. And now, Nvidia, also. I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Nvidia. Nvidia is a metonym for AI and/or the sixth industrial revolution. I've now added Broadcom to the disclaimer. I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Broadcom. Now, I've added Amazon. And QCOM. Longer version here.

