Locator: 51324INVESTING.
This is not an investing site. We've discussed this before.
CAT: most anticipated earnings call this week for me --
Caterpillar Inc. (NYSE: CAT) is scheduled to report its second-quarter 2026 financial results on August 4, 2026, with Wall Street analysts expecting an earnings per share (EPS) of $6.25 on revenues of $19.31 billion.
Whichever way CAT, it is likely that the Dow / NASDAQ will follow;
This particular blog is meant for my extended family. It's not for the general reader.
With regard to investing: much of the following has been posted before.
My portfolio:
- the portfolio is overweight in energy (oil and gas) and AAPL -- won't add to positions in either;
- in 2025 or thereabouts made a conscious decide to participate in the AI revolution; initiating positions in most of the MAG 7 and a few others. I consider CAT as part of the AI revolution;
- about three months ago, I started looking around for the next best thing: I settled on healthcare, big banks; I have a position in one Big Bank, will continue to add; and I'm tip-toeing into healthcare by having added IHE and will continue to add to that position;
- I remain fully invested in equities; maybe 1% of my portfolio is in bonds;
- I park my money in ETFs: SCHD, SCHB, SCHG
- based on earnings results this most recent quarter, it's hard not to add to my AI revolution positions;
- most of the AI revolution stocks, based on $ price alone are too expensive for me; yes, I know I need to track p/e's more closely;
- it appears QCOM and AMZN and PLTR may be the best AI-related positions;
- about a year ago I recognized AMZN as one of my top three tickers to continue adding to my position;
- QCOM: severe headwinds but pays a. nice dividend; is affordable ($ basis); and has recently shown some life;
- AMZN, without question, remains my favorite;
- PLTR: I hold a small position; everything suggests it should have been one of top AI holdings;
- NVDA: I hold a nice position in NVDA; won't add more; the shift is toward CPUs and memory; GPUs are less attractive right now; although a $5-trillion market cap company can probably turn this around.
*********************************
Disclaimer
Briefly:
I am inappropriately exuberant about the Bakken and I am often well out front of my headlights. I am often appropriately accused of hyperbole when it comes to the Bakken. I am inappropriately exuberant about the US economy and the US market. I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Apple. See disclaimer. This is not an investment site. Disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here. All my posts are done quickly: there will be content and typographical errors. If something appears wrong, it probably is. Feel free to fact check everything. If anything on any of my posts is important to you, go to the source. If/when I find typographical / content errors, I will correct them. Reminder: I am inappropriately exuberant about the Bakken, US economy, and the US market. I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Apple. And now, Nvidia, also. I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Nvidia. Nvidia is a metonym for AI and/or the sixth industrial revolution. I've now added Broadcom to the disclaimer. I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Broadcom. Now, I've added Amazon. And QCOM. Longer version here.
