Wednesday, June 21, 2023

And So It Goes -- Nothing About The Bakken -- MLB, Apple -- More? June 21, 2023

Locator: 45000MISC.

MLB: three changes effective for the 2023 season --

  • base sizes (all bases except home plate) increased in size; from 15" to 18";
    • it's hard to imagine: the current MLB base size (15") is the same as the new Apple MacBook Air-15 
    • either one was too small or one is really "huge."
  • infield shift "banned";
  • pitch clock (see link above).
  • two out of three: perfect.
  • pitch clock: awful.

Vision Pro, link here:

A reader alerted me to this. My not-ready-for-prime-time reply:

Yes, what’s cool about this, Apple won’t release Vision Pro for a full year, something never done by Apple (or anyone for that matter). This is so advanced they’re giving developers a year to come up with apps and a year of advertising to get consumers sold on it.

Vision Pro is going to be a spectacular product or a spectacular flop. I don’t know which.

But if I buy one, it will mean it’s going to be a spectacular product. Right now I have no plans to buy one. Not interested in it at all for me personally.
I won't be an early adopter. Maybe a late adopter. One thing's for sure, it won't be an impulse by. LOL.


Revolutionary, link here.

  • Apple is often accused of being evolutionary, not revolutionary.
  • Now, over at MacRumors, linked above, we're starting to see how incredibly revolutionary this Vision Pro and visionOS are going to be. 
  • So, we have MacOS, iPadOS, iOS (iPhone), watchOS, tvOS, audioOS and now visionOS, operating systems that are free and regularly updated. This is just a partial list; for full list, 96 lines.
    • for Microsoft, two: Windows and Xbox gaming.
  • It appears that MacOS -->watchOS was evolutionary.
  • visionOS: revolutionary. 
  • The finger-controls seem to me the most difficult user interface to perfect. I wonder if for some of us, there might be a handheld device. 
  • From what I've seen, my hunch: the use of mind-expanding drugs (MJ, micro-dosing) will surge. One wonders if there might be mental health applications for the most severely disturbed.
  • Chip series, that I know of: M, R, U. 
  • Steve Jobs could not have dreamt this. Or did he? Did he leave handwritten notes and doodling for Tim?

No comments:

Post a Comment