Tuesday, May 9, 2023

The American Dream -- All These Things Are Not Gone -- May 9, 2023

Locator: 44598ECON.

Investing:

  • margins, moats, long time horizon
  • a plan: 50-40-5-5
  • good companies in good sectors

Dividends:

Overnight, there was a relatively huge jump in one of my portfolios in which I no longer "touch"; it's just there.
Thirty years I established the portfolio and once it got to a certain point, I "set it to forget it."
Dividends are now transferred to newer portfolios, of which I do the same: establish a portfolio, and then "set it and forget it."
As noted, overnight, there was a relatively huge jump in one of those "set it and forget it" portfolios -- at one time, a DRIP portfolio, but now, I stopped the DRIPs, and re-invest the dividends in new portfolios. 
Well, it turns out, one of those DRIP investments had really grown and I had never paid attention, and now the dividends are shocking! As in shockingly good.
Buffett refers to "dividends" as the secret sauce.

Tell me again how poorly the economy is doing:

Tell me again how there's nothing worth buying, Big Pharma:


No comments:

Post a Comment