Monday, April 3, 2023

Supreme Court Rule 25. April 3, 2023

Locator: 44297B. 

Updates

Later, 11:56 p.m. CT: 34 felonies; will SCOTUS let Trump serve prison time?

Later, 9:24 p.m. CT: see note at end of original post.

Original Post 

One source

Second source.

Note: my understanding. I could be way, way wrong. If this is important to you, go to the source(s).

Trump.

Tomorrow's arraignment.

SCOTUS Rule 25: Writ of certiorari, of course, under consideration.

Requires four justices to agree to hear the case.  Requires five justices to rule in favor of Trump.

Chief Justice Roberts does not want the US judicial system to turn into a circus.

Chief Justice Roberts will want the charges to rise to the level of a felony in the eyes of the justices.

Timeline:

45 days for lower court to provide SCOTUS with filings. Not sure about this -- needs to be fact-checked but sounds about right. Written briefs limited to 40 - 50 pages. Again, needs to be fact-checked but the number of pages is severely limited.

90 days for SCOTUS to file written opinion after conclusion of oral arguments.

30 days after filing writing opinion, the decision becomes final. 

Right to a speedy trial but that's only part of the discussion.

**************************
Note

A reader sent me this e-mail in reference to the note above:

 You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

My not-ready-for-prime-time reply:

You are so correct (about me not knowing what I'm talking about), but I used to know even less. LOL. My real weakness was natural gas, but I've come a long way even on that.

The blog was started as a personal Microsoft document for my purposes only but then realized HTML worked better, and as long as I had HTML, I could share with others.

I often tell folks not to read my blogs (because I don't know what I'm talking about but trying to learn. But that's why I almost always include links so folk can go to the source.

And the great thing, free, no password, no nothing -- no one needs to read the blog. At the end of the day it's for my benefit, good or bad.

So much more could be said, but need to move on.

I need to add this which I used to post often. 

I know very little about oil. I know even less about natural gas. 

I know even less about almost everything else. 

I don't recommend anyone reading my blog but if one does, read it for the Bakken. 

If I blogged only about the Bakken I would get very bored and would eventually run out of energy to keep blogging. I blog about other things to keep me "going" and to put the Bakken in perspective. 

I write much more about this at the "welcome" which is a stand-along page, tagged at the top, upper left. 

And for heaven's sake don't make any life decisions, financial decisions, investing decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here. This is not an investment site.

I'm going to put this note in "draft" for the next couple of days, and then re-post it so it does not distract folks from the Bakken.

No comments:

Post a Comment