Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Getting Caught Up; And You Want To Invest In Beer? Look At Molson's Profit Margin -- Part 2 -- April 25, 2023

Locator: 44468B.

Not ready for prime-time; not proof-read; not fact-checked; links may or may not work; links may or may not be correct. Proceed at own risk. Usual disclaimer applies. 

I've been so preoccupied with family events / commitments ever since Olivia's soccer team won the Texas state 5A high school soccer tournament that I've not kept up with a lot. 

I haven't paid attention to the market at all except to look at BUD, occasionally SCHW, and there was another one which I've now long (one week) forgotten. 

My in-box is so full from readers I won't possibly get to everything, so I think I will provide the links, delete the mail that has accumulated, and look forward to doing better next week. Yeah, I know this is only Tuesday, but the family events / commitments continue through this week, with a Jiu-Jitsu tournament for Sophia on Saturday.

Most of what follows is with regard to investing. I did the " other non-investing stuff" earlier today.

Top investors: top positions. Essentially two strategies:

  • 100% on BRK; or,
  • buy the market.

Energy: things not working out for the Saudi princes. Despite surprise cuts in production, oil prices are stuck in the low 80's -- not good for Saudi. I haven't see the numbers, but I bet Saudi based their budget on $100-oil. Worse, their go-to markets -- India and China are buying cheap Russian oil. LOL. Link here.

HAL: looking good.

ENB: Motley Fool link here

TMO: worthy of consideration for investing? Memo to self. 

Wind energy:

T: dividends, link to IBD;

XOM: expansion of refinery in Beaumont, TX; link to Forbes, here.

Apple: Don Lemon buying a new Apple phone after his was "confiscated" by CNN.

Margins: at the end of the day, it's all about margins. In the big scheme of things there are only two beer companies in the US: BUD and Molson Coors.

BUD: profit margin.

TAP: profit margin.

No comments:

Post a Comment