Sunday, February 19, 2023

Jumping The Shark And "Estivation" -- Nothing About The Bakken -- February 19, 2023

I've got one or two blogs that I want to post tonight, but I'm tired and may not get to them until tomorrow, unless I catch a second wind tonight.

But I had to post this one, which I call "jumping the shark." It comes from down under and looks exactly like something from "Weekend Edition," Saturday Night Live.

At the link, watch the video. It begins with Britt Coles. I keep envisioning the White House press secretary to be a reptilian alien.

The link: google ticker news no alien evidence.

https://tickernews.co/u-s-confirms-no-evidence-of-aliens-in-balloon-saga/

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

This is a weird one. On my home server, the link downloaded once but then after that it would not download. I turned off my home wi-fi, using T-Mobile cellular and it downloaded just fine, so hopefully you can get it. If not, you're not missing anything but an incredible SNL parody. 

Now later, it worked. I have no idea what's going on, but it's a great SNL parody.

This is a screenshot from the T-Mobile download:


*******************
Word for the Day: Estivation

Link here.

  • Very, very cold season:
    • warm-blooded animals, endotherms: hibernation; true dormancy
    • cold-blooded animals, ectotherms: brumation; not true dormancy;
      • they hunker down in warm caves, burrows but move to find water when it gets warm enough
  • Very, very hot, dry weather, not necessarily seasonal: estivation
    • all animals can estivate, ectotherms and endotherms

No comments:

Post a Comment