Saturday, December 24, 2022

I'm Up -- Merry Christmas Eve To All -- December 24, 2022

I'm up!

The Christmas weekend begins. 

I will start the morning watching my favorite Christmas movie, The Shop Around The Corner.

I watched it yesterday and I'm watching it again now. It's that good. 

The movie begins with all the major players arriving at "the corner."

The first two: Groucho Marx and Elon Musk.

Yes, I'm procrastinating. I don't want to blog about contemporary global events.

My sister sent me this in memory of our dad:


My dad's best speeding story: getting picked up by the same Montana highway patrolman -- stopped thirty minutes apart. And I think those were the days Montana did not have speed limits except reasonable and prudent

It took a special driver to get stopped -- twice -- at that time. 

Actually, I don't think Dad ever got stopped for speeding in Montana; but in North Dakota, he had so many speeding tickets he lost his driver's license and was required to take a remedial driver's education program in Bismarck, ND, to get it re-instated. He was about 70 years old at the time (?). 

He would have been late but ....

No comments:

Post a Comment