Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Let's See If The "New" CEO Rolls Back Prices -- November 23, 2022

My hunch: no but I won't be unhappy if he does. There are probably ways to get a headline suggesting prices have been lowered but the fine print and additional details will remind folks how good Disney is at "working" price points.

For example: cut the price of the four-day pass so significantly it would make Mickey's head spin.

Link here.

*******************************
Great News

Even as a physician I was confused by the various pneumococcal vaccines and their recommended schedule. 

Medicare and Part D insurance plans will "cover" immunizations if recommended by various agencies. Without that recommendation, one must get a "prescription" from a provider that is covered by Medicare. At least something along that line: I don't know the details. 

But I have no need to visit a physician simply to get a prescription for an immunization, so this is great news

This recommendation was made in October, 2021, after consideration and debate during the height of Covid-19. My hunch is that this might have happened eventually, but the recommendation was expedited due to Covid-19, complications from Covid-19, and difficulty of patients getting appointments with physicians during the pandemic. 

Along with the pneumococcal vaccine and a tetanus shot -- once I get those in January, 2023 -- I will be the most vaccinated and "all caught up" since I left the military.  I will also be getting the second of the two-series "shingles vaccine."

I think Joe Biden was president during this time (need to fact-check).


No comments:

Post a Comment