Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Deere -- November 23, 2022

For the archives for the grandchildren. I assume some day, one of them may be curious what I was doing with regard to investing at this time of my life.

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site.  Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here.

All my posts are done quickly: there will be content and typographical errors. If anything on any of my posts is important to you, go to the source. If/when I find typographical / content errors, I will correct them.

Screenshots:




My "new money allocation"

  • new purchases since this summer
  • all with new money; none from sales of any current holdings
    • with one exception: T
    • T was paying a huge dividend; shares were bought to "park" money until enough cash build to be able to buy DE and CAT
  • I have to thank a reader for encouraging me to do this -- having a plan, a very specific plan and sticking to it -- this is one of the reasons for posting this -- to let that reader what I've been up to
  • I have a 30-year horizon, so timing of the market is something I don't do
  • I invest during the first and third weeks of each month
  • lots of DE and CAT: entirely new positions in my portfolio
  • recommendations for AVGO, DE, and CAT came from different readers.

Date

Buffet like

Tech / beaten down infrastructure

Permian oil

mRNA

June 30, 2022

BRK-B

TSM

DVN



UNP

NVDA

EOG



SRE

AAPL

MPC



AAPL

TSM

DVN







July 30, 2022

BRK-B

TSM

DVN


GOOG split July 15,  2022

CAT

TSM

DVN



CAT

AVGO

EOG



DE

AVGO

EOG







August 30, 2022

DE

TSM

DVN



UNP

AVGO

EOG



DE

TSM

MPC



DE

TSM

DVN




 





 



September 30, 2022

 

AVGO




DE

 




UNP





 

 

DVN



 


EOG



 

 

ENB


October 10, 2022

 

 

 




 

DVN



UNP


 



PFE





DE






AVGO



10/18/2022



 



DE






AVGO






DVN







Add to early November investment







SCCO






DVN



 

 

 

PFE


AAPL

 

 


 





Mid-November 2022

DE





CAT

AVGO

EOG

PFE






Mid-November 2022, after AAPL Div






ABBV

TSM

EOG

 






End-of-November 





Disclaimer: this is not an investment site.  Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here.

All my posts are done quickly: there will be content and typographical errors. If anything on any of my posts is important to you, go to the source. If/when I find typographical / content errors, I will correct them.  

MPC was something I would never considered without this plan. I'm still very cautious with refiners.


No comments:

Post a Comment