Saturday, October 1, 2022

Buffett Sees Something "Everyone" Is Missing -- October 1, 2022

Warren Buffett has noted something few others have noted. Two points follow:

  • what Buffett sees now will be obvious some years from now;
  • this is different than what he saw when he bought Burlington Northern.

Re-posting: 

Buffett 

For perspective if I recall correctly, Buffett bought Burlington Northern railway for $25 billion. At the time, Buffett said he "bet the company on that deal."

Now, decades later, he spends an equal amount on oil

My hunch: Warren and I have invested the same proportion of our investment portfolio in CVX over the years.

Abbreviated disclaimer: this is not an investment site.  Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here. Full disclaimer at tabbed link.

All my posts are done quickly: there will be content and typographical errors. If anything on any of my posts is important to you, go to the source. If/when I find typographical / content errors, I will correct them.

Link here. Perhaps why Buffett continues to invest in fossil fuel:

No comments:

Post a Comment