Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Boring, Boring Night Ahead Of Me -- September 20, 2022

All grandfatherly duties are done for the day.

Wow, without the NFL tonight, it's going to be a long, boring evening. I generally save my reading for earlier in the day. Duolingo, likewise, is a morning activity.

I could go for a long bike ride but my muscles are probably at their limit(s). So far today:

  • 85 minutes on the treadmill;
  • full workout on weights;
  • swimming pool twice
    • first time: one hour
    • second time: forty minutes
  • bike ride: short
  • on my bike ride today, a large dog "attacked me" -- but it was a friendly attack
    • just wanted to play; I'm so glad I had training decades ago how to respond to an "attacking" dog
    • I think the owner was very, very impressed with my composure even as my right angle was being bitten. LOL. A gentle bite by a huge dog. But I knew the breed, and I knew it wasn't going too hurt me (on purpose).
    • had it been a Rotweiler or German Shepherd, it likely would have been a different outcome, and not good.

So, a bit of reading, then Perry Mason, FaceTime with the twins, and fall asleep under the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment