Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Free Streaming -- May 31 ,2022

Streaming: link here. Streaming wars.

May 31, 2022: free streaming. Link to The WSJ. Authored by Nicole Nguyen who generally writees all the "Apple" articles / reviews printed in The WSJ.

  • streaming services mentioned, in order of least annoying to most annoying:
    • Kanopy
    • Hoopla
    • Amazon Freevee
    • Tubi
    • The Roku Channel
    • Pluto TV
    • Peacock

Back to Amazon Freevee. Ms Nguyen watched "Knives Out," Emma," and "Logan" on this serivce. 

From her review:

During a movie, there were two ads an hour, each up to 75 seconds long

Freevee, formerly known as IMDB TV, is hosted on Amazon’s site, alongside its paid Prime Video content. You can stream content on the web, or through streaming media players and consoles. There are a few original series, as well as TV shows and movies. If you have an Amazon Prime membership, click the “Free to Me” tab, which combines Prime Video and Freevee offerings. If you don’t subscribe to Prime, you’ll just see Freevee’s library.

Check out the article. It's amazing the movies one can watch for free. 

If you read the article, be sure to read the comments. My favorite one and one I try to adhere to (to some degree):

I have a solution. I surf the web for an hour each morning when I'm having my morning coffee. Get the news that's important. Exchange a few emails. If the weather prevents me from going outside to do some work, I read!

By the way, Apple TV is starting to get some really, really, good original content. 

*******************************
The Book Page

My bohemian phase.

Yesterday, I finished The Shores of Bohemia, A Cape Cod Story, 1910 - 1960, John Taylor Williams, c. 2022. I will read it again, take notes, try to keep track of all the personalities mentioned.

I am now jumping to the opposite coast, Everybody Thought We Were Crazy: Dennis Hopper, Brooke Hayward, and 1960s Los Angeles, Mark Rozzo, c. 2022.

I don't care for the writing style of Mark Rozzo, but the story is absolutely fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment