Saturday, April 2, 2022

Reason #1 Why I Love To Blog -- Input From The Readers -- April 2, 2022

It continues.

A few weeks, in a sidebar discussion with a reader concerned about inflation, I suggested the fastest way to cut costs is to quit eating out ... the reader agreed, citing examples ... now tonight, over at twitter:

My wife and I have cut back significantly. From three or four times / week before the pandemic, to three or four times during the entire two years during the lock down (perhaps some hyperbole, but not much), we've gotten used to not eating out. We will walk to nearby restaurants occasionally now, but I won't drive to our favorite Japanese restaurant any more. 

Sophia's favorite restaurant it Panda Express. Perhaps once a week on the way home from school or TutorTime, Sophia asks if we can stop at Panda Express. I seldom refuse her request, but I never get anything for me. We order something for her -- she always gets white rice and orange chicken. It's not advertised on the overhead menu board, but Panda Express does offer a "children's bowl." 

I was surprised how expensive her "children's bowl" was this past week: $6.81. They do offer a fairly large helping in the "children's bowl," but one would expect a children's portion to run about $3.50, or $4.00 at most. If the "children's bowl" is $6.81 (before tax) I hate to think what small, medium, or large adult portion might be.

By the way, at the link to the tweet above, I agree 1,000% with the individual who did not appreciate the way he/she was treated at restaurants during the lock down. The reader felt like they were visiting an inmate at a prison. I still have a "strange" feeling when going to a restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment