Saturday, February 5, 2022

First Things First: I Have To "Correct" A Huge Oversight -- February 5, 2022

Kraken.

See this post.

A reader noted that I completely missed Kraken activities in Montana in that post. 

I am so embarrassed. 

As mentioned early in my blogging days, I said that I don't follow the Bakken in Montana or Saskatchewan, simply because: a) I don't have time; and, b) states other than North Dakota seem not to provide data as clearly and as easily accessible as North Dakota. 

With regard to the first point, considering all the time time I spend on non-Bakken issues, I really do have time to follow the Bakken outside North Dakota but the bang for the buck (the second point) it would not be worth it. It took quite a while to figure out the NDIC website, the counties, the townships, etc., and that would be incredibly challenging for me to do the same for states and provinces outside North Dakota.

At the linked post, I noted that Kraken would be focusing "all" of its attention on Williams County. 

Well, that was wrong.

Kraken also has operations in Richland County, Montana, the county directly across the state line from McKenzie County in North Dakota. Sidney, MT, is the big city in Richland County. Richland County is known for its sugar beets and broad, beautiful bottomlands along the Yellowstone River.

Anyway, several quick links. I'll update the Kraken post later.

As noted, all for now. I will update the recent Kraken post later.

No comments:

Post a Comment