Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Twenty Percent Increase In Price Of Amazon Coffee Over Two Months -- November 9, 2021

Amazon sends me a carton of K-cups on a regular basis. I originally subscribed when the price was about $23 / 100-count, or 23 cents a cup.

Prior to shipping each order, Amazon notifies me of the upcoming delivery and offers me an opportunity to change the order: cancel it altogether; change the delivery date; change the amount; etc.

Today this note from Amazon.


$28.49 - $23.45 = a 21.5% increase in price over two months. 

That still works out to a bit less than what I would pay at Starbucks

Meanwhile, at "my" Starbucks down the street which I haven't visited since March, 2020. At that time I was going to Starbucks daily and sometimes twice / day:

Through Amazon:

  • 28 cents / cup
  • if push comes to shove, I can get a second cup from a K-cup

Through Starbucks:

  • $2.35 / cup

No comments:

Post a Comment