Monday, August 2, 2021

NDIC Website -- August 2, 2021

A reader updated me with the situation at the NDIC regarding scout tickets, production data, etc. 

The update was too long to post and I generally won't post information not publicly available (see below) but bottom line I take from the very long note:

  • the best thing I can say: NDIC is aware of the problem(s) and working the problem(s);
  • my true feelings: absolutely out of control; there is no way to know if the data being posted is accurate or timely

June production data should have been posted by now: it might be out two weeks from now. It's being loaded by hand rather than automated.

The reader tells me that the NDIC confirms that information provided is "public information" and thus allowed to be posted, but I will hold off for now. 

From the reader:

The NDIC now has a public relations officer, Katie Haarsager, vs. regular staff fielding questions. With most public relations officers, one can get general information but nothing specific. 

Katie says to send questions to oilandgasinfo@nd.gov but I still haven’t received a reply on last week’s question I sent, and that's why I called DMR today.

The person that answered the 328-8020 phone quickly handed me off to PR Katie Haarsager.

Apparently the Bakken is not that important even to the NDIC any more ever since New Mexico overtook North Dakota in production some months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment