Monday, August 2, 2021

Holy Mackerel! Our July, 2021, Electricity Bill

The month of July is our heavy air conditioning month, and our large electric bills. August will be similar, then it starts to cool down. Making it worse this year: both May and I were home the entire time. It helps when we leave town for a couple of weeks to travel. But not this month; there the whole time.

I just got my July, 2021, statement: $86.66.  

For the archives for the grandchildren. It would have been a lot lower, but Texas is on the forefront of moving to expensive and deregulated renewable energy to save the planet.

********************************
Forest Fire, Flathead Lake

A reader sent me a photo of the forest fire on Flathead Lake, Montana. This is located on the east side of the lake, about nine miles north of Polson. 

I believe the fire started Saturday, July 31, 2021, and continued to burn through yesterday. All traffic was halted in that area, diverted, and the immediate area evacuated. A number of homes apparently were damaged or destroyed. 

2 comments:

  1. lucky you don't have heat oil; my last fill up was $680 and change...

    that's at least 3 times a year...it was 9 times in the worst year, but that was before storm windows and insulation...and heat oil was a lot cheaper back then too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain. We lived in Germany for many years and paid outrageous prices for heating oil. Yes, we are quite fortunate; my wife is incredibly helpful, keeping a/c off during the day. Our bill would be closer to $200/month if we didn't watch it like we do. But I don't take it for granted. We are simply very, very fortunate.

      Delete