Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Notes From All Over -- Late Night Edition -- July 13, 2021

Handguns: banning sales to those under 21 is ruled unconstitutional. Marks first time a high-level court -- the Fourth Circuit Court, in this case -- has extended the right to bear arms to people under 21. Link to The WSJ I could be mistaken but there seemed to be a lot of 18-year-olds possessing handguns when I was in the US Air Force.

Boeing: how much trouble is the company really in? Link to The WSJ. Should Boeing still be in the Dow 30? 

Natural gas: record prices. The trifecta: Chinese demand, heat in the Pacific Northwest, and drought in Brazil. Link to The WSJ

Vanguard: plans first-ever corporate acquisition. Will buy JustInvest to help advisers customize portfolios. Link to The WSJ. Vanguard must be feeling the heat of Schwab. Does the article mention Schwab? Nope, unless I missed it. But it does say this: "Owned by investors in its U.S. funds, Vanguard has never done an acquisition. It must keep reinvesting any returns for its clients and lowering the cost of investing for its shareholders."

************************************
A Musical Interlude

Andrea Ochoa:

This song is so deep and meaningful to me. Struggling as a single mother. There was time where I was beginning to try to be independent on my own and provide for my son. I've had some hard times and this song spoke to me as I cried to God telling him I tried. Begged, and borrowed money to keep a roof over us. I made it 💛 thank you Lana I love you ❤️ thank you God for never leaving me alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment