Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Threat Update -- June 3, 2020


*********************************
Rush Recommends

Turn off cable news for a week.

I quit watching cable news many months ago. It makes all the difference in the world.

I use google to look specifically for what I want to read about. Car radio is set on classical music station.

One exception: I continue to listen to Rush off and on. I never listen to "his" show when he has a guest speaker. I generally tune in to Rush for about twenty minutes. I'm driving with our oldest granddaughter every day from 11:45 to 2:00 -- she has her driver's permit -- and I would never subject her to Rush. She has a different myth of the world than I do. And it will be her world that she inherits, not mine.

One of the reasons we enjoyed our thirteen years overseas with the USAF (Germany, England, Turkey, Africa, Italy) is because we did not have television and we did not subscribe to the local newspapers. The only news we got on a regular basis was Air Force Times.

Ignorance is bliss.

At first I was concerned / upset about what going on in the big-city protests, but I was no longer concerned when the mayor of NYC said he was in control, and did not need any outside help. That tells me all I need to know. In the big scheme of things, it can't be that bad if the mayor of NYC is not all that concerned. I don't have a dog in that fight -- the nightly protests.

*********************************
Rush Is Not Often Wrong, But In This Case ....

I sent this not-ready-for-prime-time note to a reader earlier today:
I see Rush Limbaugh continues to push the myth / meme that Sweden did the right thing by not locking down like its neighbors.

NY locked down but screwed up by:
a) the nursing home debacle; and,
b) the failure to "manage" the subways
So, in the big scheme of things, NYC never truly locked down.

Had the rest of the US not locked down (or instituted the same policies as NY) can you imagine the headlines with the number of cases / number of deaths across the US?

Even now, folks are worried about a second wave when, in fact, that was not the purpose of lock downs to begin with.
Now, I see this over at ZeroHedge:

No comments:

Post a Comment