Sunday, March 8, 2020

Something New In The Bakken? EOG, Fracking, Water Percentage By Mass, Sand -- March 8, 2020

Something new in the Bakken?

It begins at this link, posted a few days ago. It's a long, long note, interrupted by screenshots of data from FracFocus. I've added the notes a reader sent me almost immediately after posting that note. I delayed posting the reader's note until I had a chance to do some background reading.

Now, hold that thought -- the staggering production of that EOG well; the staggering amount of water used; and, the relatively large amount of sand -- relative to water by mass (percentage).

Now, go to these three EOG wells that will come off the confidential list this week. In two of the cases we have FracFocus data. Note again, the relative large amount of sand compared to the amount of water by mass. Generally I expect 87% to 93% water by mass in the FracFocus data but in this case, FracFocus reports 81% water by mass in one case; and, 83% water by mass in the second case.

FracFocus did not have data for the third well.

*******************************
Other Wells Of Interest

Completely unrelated to the note above, two wells have been added to the index of wells of interest:
It really is not much benefit looking at these wells. I do this for my benefit to remind myself to check back on these wells later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment